Wednesday 27 February 2013

some time and some motivation!

So it's been a while since I managed to update my blog and today I decided that I just had to craft as it's about the only thing keeping me sane at the moment!  I had a little of the Peter Rabbit Toile style fabric left which I'd got from The Remnant House in Harrogate and as I was unsure if I would be able to get more I decide to use the last to make a pillow case and duvet cover for my sons cot bed.


I had a baby blue fitted single sheet in my 'spare' bedding and as I doubt my two eldest boys will ever require baby blue, and baby Samuel will be in his cot bed till he's old enough to have grown out of baby blue, I thought I'd put to better use and use as the backing for the cover and case!


I cut out using old bedding as a template, then pinned and sewed the pillowcase first, followed by the duvet cover.



While I will use button fastening for future sets, I did use sew on velcro this time as I had no suitable buttons available and was too impatient to finish! LOL.


I do like to cut off the corners so you don't get the 'bulk' once they've turned the right way.


A quick iron and I think you'll agree they look lovely! Can't wait to make some more...



Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed!

Fay x

P.S My blog is and always will be about my crafting, and while I don't want to get personal I do want to make you aware that I am going through some difficult times at the moment personally and at my 'day job' please stick with me as I love to do what I do and I will get through this.  I hope that my crafting inspires you as that would make me very, very happy!




2 comments:

  1. Αppreciating the deԁіcаtion уοu
    put into your website anԁ detаiled informаtiоn уοu provіde.

    Ιt's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't thе
    same оlԁ rehaѕhed mаterial.
    Great read! I've saved your site and I'm adding yοuг RSЅ fеeds to my Gоοgle account.


    Also vіsit my homеpage: Pościel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from.
    Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this page.


    My web site Tri Cities Appraisers ()

    ReplyDelete