Saturday 9 February 2013

Mod Podge!

So I know I'm way behind everyone else, but I have finally discovered Mod Podge!  And in the words of Craig Revel Horwood it's A-ma-zing!!!!!!!


Here is the canvas as I was applying the Mod Podge.  I'd already used to stick down the poster image and then used it to seal everything.  I must admit the first time I put a coat on I panicked a little till I saw it drying!


Once it had dried I then stuck all the letters down.  I do by eye rather than measuring exactly as I prefer that way, and once I'd stuck down all the letters then I gave them all a coat of the Mod Podge aswell to give them a nice matte gloss finish, almost like the poster itself.


Using the wooden letters in the TinTin font gives it that real 3D effect which I love.


I hope and think you'll agree it looks fab! Can't wait for Henry to see...


Next Projects: Memory Boxes and a Union Jack Canvas for middle boy Freddie!

Fay x

P.S A huge thanks to Granny Bling who had the boys this afternoon, meaning I didn't need to lose my Saturday night in order to finish this!

1 comment:

  1. hope you enjoyed the modpodge. i have to admit to being a convert. you have some lovely items in your blog and thanks for visiting us at Calico Crafts x

    ReplyDelete