Saturday 5 January 2013

New inspiration!

So it's 2013 and I promised that I'd start blogging about what I do and how I come up with ideas etc.  For those who don't already know Felicity is me! It's the name my parents couldn't agree on calling me, so Fay I became (fits perfectly!), but Felicity worked perfectly with my eldest two Henry & Freddie! So Henry, Fred and Felicity was born...


Last year was great and a real eye opener to what works and what doesn't for online sales, craft fairs etc.  I'm not saying I've got it right yet, but I certainly know a heck of a lot more than I did 12 months ago!



Anyway, this year I'm looking to expand in a couple of areas:


Canvases

I'll be looking at smaller versions of the name and phrase canvases as they are quite large (approx 40"wide) and also where customers want 2 or more (I have one at the moment who requires 5 in the spring!) I'm conscious that we're talking a lot of money at original size.  I'll also finally be making my boys their canvases I've been promising since we moved! 

Nursery Collection

I'm looking to add to the hand-knitted and sewn nursery collection with a range of hand-painted gifts.  I will be experimenting with toys, memory boxes and peg people over the next few weeks and will be keeping you posted with how I get along, so would love to hear your thoughts along the way!


Anyway time to go make tea, then looking for more inspiration tonight! 1st Job on the list is a Tin Tin name canvas for my eldest Henry (7).



Health and best wishes for 2013,



Fay x

No comments:

Post a Comment