Monday 27 January 2014

projects at home for 2014!

So this year I really want to get some projects at home done. Several of them are years overdue, some new but all have been pushed aside as the end of the 2013 was so busy (not complaining!); so my view is this year if I start early I might be in with a chance of getting them done...

Project One - MERRY CHRISTMAS


Might seem a little untimely,  but as I never managed to get them painted before Christmas I thought i'd paint before putting away again!

Not quite sure what I'm going to do, but will probably be fairly traditional colours with a little bling thrown in, keep an eye on my FB page for progress and I'll blog when finished.

Project Two - SAMUEL'S CANVAS

This is 2 years overdue now and as he's had this above his cot for that time, I think it's only fair I get it done this year!



Project Three - PLAYROOM WALL

Because it brings back many happy memories and because it just looks cool, I'm going to hand paint the London Underground map on the boys playroom wall.  Will add a bit of colour to the walls as well...



Project Four - DINING ROOM WALL

I wanted to do something a little different than either paint, wallpaper or paintings on the wall; I saw this idea last year on Channel 4 and thought it was very effective (couldn't find original link, but found one better, someone who has gone before me LOL).  I'll collect all different sized, shaped plates (especially ones with molded detail) and then paint them in matte finish.  Think i'll do the majority in one colour and possibly highlight colours here or there to match in with the Harlequin fabric of my curtains and blinds...



Project Five - HALL

No idea what I'm going to do, bit it will be a HUGE white canvas from the White Collection, ideas on a postcard!


Anyway that should be enough to keep me out of trouble...

Keep following to see my progress,

Fay x


No comments:

Post a Comment